Search Switch
Remove

From a Thai Woman to You -- All Farangs

Re: From a Thai Woman to You -- All Farangs

Postby amerimedic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am

..........Their are a lot of explanations here from every aspect of Why or Why not it's good, possible, or successful to find a Thai woman as you mate, being a foreigner to Thailand.

I have to admit that there is useful information here for a foreigner to digest before making a holiday, relocation, or otherwise attempt at meeting a Thai woman.

There's just one aspect that I can't imagine is any different than any other meeting between a man and woman...Never forget that as important as the past is, it's never as important as how you view your future.

I look forward to my coming visits to Thailand. It will be nice to experience the smiles and hospitality that is inevitable from Thai woman. I can imagine that for every man that's coming to Thailand to meet a beautiful Thai smile and hope for their trip to match them with the sweet and kind woman that's eluded him....Theirs plenty of room to make new friends and lasting relationships regardless of the end results.

:cheers:
amerimedic

Postby dupko on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:36 pm

love101 wrote:Hi Ladywhite!

Thank you for speaking up for Thai women who love farangs truly. Yes, there is such true love between Farangs and Thai women. ;)

:cheers:
dupko

Re: RE: from a thai woman to all you farangs

Postby commonman on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 pm

justin wrote:As many people have posted: some Thai women (and men) are pre-conditioned to the whole "All farang men are rich" idea. I married with my wife one year ago, with my wife's full knowledge that I was not rich. And she had no problem with that. On the other hand, Her mother and, basically, everyone in her hometown, equates: farang = "he must be rich"
My mother in law has had a difficult time trying to keep up apperances. Trying to play on that presumtion that all farang are "well off". As you well know, gossip and rumor are very prevailant in the countryside of Thailand.

lol - I thought gossip and rumour were invented in the small Illinois farm town I grew up in.
commonman

Postby Asian Hand on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 am

The farang "visitor", who finds it tough having any relationships with the opposite sex in their home country comes to Thailand, hits the Dark Side of the go go bar scene and immediately starts believing he is some sex god from the cover of GQ. In the mirror the beer paunch, dark circles around the eyes, and/or vericose veins in their legs dissappears accompanied by a deteriorating liver and Vitamin D deficiency. They believe these girls actually love them for who they are. These are not dominant female group in Thailand. It is a group whose motivation is to survive and eke out a living for themselves and their families rarely for the love of foreigner.
Asian Hand

Postby YhimLaMai on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Ladywhite wrote:I have spent quite a bit of time reading posts on this forum, especially under the topic of "getting married in Thailand."

I am sorry to learn that most of you, farangs, have had negative experiences with your wives' families in terms of money. Most of you here talk about paying a lot of money to support your in-laws. sounds very much like they are leeches that constantly \\ //// every pound or dollar out of your wallets.

I am sorry to learn that thai women marry you for only money for themselves and their families. and only to elevate themselves socially and financially. once they get what they want from you, they walk away from you.

sounds like these thai women give us a bad name.

I do not deny what i learn from your experiences. but i would like you to please not assume that we all Thai women are just like that because we are not.

my impression is that those of you who share your stories here all married to women from villages or rural areas where people are un- or low-educated and very poor. that's why what happened to you happened: she and her families wanted your money. you are viewed as a bucket of gold their daugthers just happen to fall into, so can get as much gold out of the bucket as possible. they do that because they are poor, because they have a golden opportunity, because they can, because you allow them to, and because you love your women.

I believe that there are a lot of thai women who never want to take advantage of you financially, me included. i believe there are a lot of thai women who value love more than money. I am from a very humble background. my family and I never ask for money from my American fiance. If he wants to help us financially, we appreciate that. If not, we continue living without asking. He asked my dad about the dowry he was supposed to give him. he told him he wanted nothing; he did not have me for sale. and let me repeat, my dad is poor and low-educated. we are a poor family who doesn't have a savings account. all my dad wants form him is his love and respect for me.

Again, I am sorry for your bad experience. But for those who are seeking true love with thai women, have faith that you will find one who just doesn't only crave for your money. you just have to look carefully. whether rich or poor, good thai women still exist.

Thank you for reading until thisline. I just felt a need to say something here. I am done now. :)

Well put "Ladywhite"
I am ashamed to admit that I was also a victim of an unscrupulous Thai lady 6 years ago. I was lucky that I was not a complete \\\ /////. We live and learn..at a high price for some.
There are constant reminders all over the net to be extremely careful of Asian women that are just in it for money, but as the story goes, love is blind.
Be careful out there, and think twice before you jump.
Thank you for the kind advice and I do hope some farang men take heed.
Andre
YhimLaMai

Postby DocWilliam on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 pm

A tender topic. I have tears already before I even know what my heart will write here.... I hear of sad stories, but I know both Thai and farang with good stories. I am relatively poor American living in rural Thailand, adopting Thai culture for my life as much as I understand of it. But, only poor of bank account. My small monthly budget does not prevent me from walking the Buddha Way....no, in fact the Walk is possible with low cash calling for disciplined living, whereas easy cash I observe brings people many temptation and distraction. As in all things, there is a place of balance for each person.

I would enjoy to meet a Thai lady of secure financial status, and have less stress. But, no matter. If she comes my way, okay. If not, okay. I walk Buddha Way regardless. My financial status may mean I must leave Thailand. Immigration has no options available for me to stay, once my current marriage moves into divorce. If I must leave Thailand, no change in my Walk. Only a change where I Walk.

I have compassion for the Thai ladies that use what resources they have available, to move forward as best they can. It may appear otherwise, and spawn your judgement, but inside I see in many, the yearning for the Way in their lives. They lay along the Path, hoping for someone to lift them up. They do not understand---regardless of mental education---that they must arise and begin their Walk without help from another or others. Other comments here illustrate such stories.
DocWilliam

Postby rinrada on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 am

There is absolutely No shame involved when one is trying to escape from poverty even from a land that some may consider paradise.....harump.
rinrada

Postby sirron on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello to Ladywhite, you sure caused a long list of responses in this forum. I'm just curious why your avatar is an annonymous male rather than an annonymous female?
sirron

Postby jamhar on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Ladywhite

Do you have a sister i may meet :D

As a FYI, western women are just as bad. I say this because i sense a bit of sadness in your tone. mildly apologetic.

I think a lot of western men are here because they heard great and unrealistic things about Thai women. And they are disappointed when they find that Thai women are not so different after all. It could be that they (western men) are the problem, either by their expectation, or by their selection process.

regardless, you are not to blame and should feel bad because of it.

I wish you the best of luck

and if you do have a sister,,,,,,,,,,,, :D
jamhar

Postby NangrongJ on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

I can't understand why 'farangs' complain about this. Where else would an old, obese man get a pretty young chick to marry? Do you really thing they are marrying you for your looks? Get real, you use them, they use you - a good, convenient partnership.
NangrongJ

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required