Whereas prehistoric parable "The Croods" receives its cinematic release the week of March 22, a tie-in game from the makers of "Angry Birds" will launch on Android and iOS from March 14.
Creature collection in 'The Croods' app
Rovio's interpretation of "The Croods" gives players the opportunity to hunt and gather with family father Grug, catching, collecting and leveling-up a variety of creatures from the Pre-Hysterical era.
It will be the second game outside of the "Angry Birds" series for Rovio, the other being "Amazing Alex," and the second to feature as part of a film tie-in -- the first was "Angry Birds Rio" for another animated movie, "Rio."
Rovio's "The Croods" page: rovio.com/thecroods
Animated trailer for "The Croods" game: youtu.be/sy51B9V8wNM
Latest stories in this category:
- Top iPad apps: 'Fast & Furious 6: The Game'
- 'Kill Mittal' game capitalises on French workers' struggle
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA